Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Tree Pruner w/ CDL
Job Location: Naval Station Mayport, Jacksonville, FL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly-owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly-owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully.
- Pruning, thinning, and removing deadwood throughout the tree canopy.
- Identifies potentially hazardous trees and other tree-related with removal of hazardous trees.
- Plants and transplants woody plants to include hole preparation, backfilling, staking, pruning, watering, and mulching.
- Operate shredding and chipping equipment and feed limbs and brush into the machines.
- Operate boom trucks, loaders, stump chippers, tractors, power saws, trucks, sprayers, and other equipment and tools.
- Cutaway dead and excess branches from trees, or clear branches around power lines using climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms, or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment, including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more. Clean, sharpen and lubricate tools and equipment.
- Maintains records of work performed.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, performing related work.
- Hoist tools and equipment to tree trimmers and lower branches with ropes or block and tackle.
- Performs tree climbing and topping, cone and scion collection, and other duties where tree climbing is necessary.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Climbing experience utilizing rope and saddle when pruning, knowledge of knots, chainsaw operation and chipper operation.
- Working knowledge of maintenance of gear and equipment.
- Skilled tree and shrub identification.
- Experience with Aerial Lifts (bucket trucks) desired.
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, Environmental Science, or a related field preferred, but not required.
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work, heavy lifting, pushing or pulling required of objects over 60 pounds.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
- Reliable transportation to the worksite required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and criminal record check.
- Must be able to work alternate shit schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time or PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.