Subsidiary: KIRA Facilities Maintenance
Job Title: Tractor Operator
Job Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | SCA
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: None
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Tractor Operator performs various tractor operator tasks to maintain the grounds at Fort Buchanan.
- Drives gasoline or diesel-powered tractor to move materials, draw implements, tow trailers, pull out objects embedded in ground, or pull cable of winch to raise, lower, or load heavy material or equipment.
- Fastens attachments such as graders, plows, rollers, mowers (over 2000 lbs.), backhoes, seeders, and disc harrows to tractor.
- Adjusts equipment for proper operation.
- Lubricates and makes minor repairs to tractor and attachments such as tightening bolts, and replacing washers, cotter pins, and screws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience and/or training providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the tasks of the position.
- Specialized experience preferred and/or formal vocational/technical training.
- Experience operating a Diesel tractor with 15’ PTO batwing behind.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a company vehicle
- Reliable transportation to the worksite required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and criminal record check.
- Must be able to work alternate shit schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, bending, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to frequently bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.