Job Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Job Classification: Non Exempt – Union
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. KIRA Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of THTBC, provides base operating support services, construction and renovation and facilities maintenance on government installations. Recognized throughout the industry for our outstanding past performance record (average award fee score is 98%), KIRA Services, delivers the people, technology, resources, and knowledge required to be a best-in-class contractor.
Scope of Work:
The Computer Operator V resolves a variety of difficult operating problems (e.g. making unusual equipment connections and rarely used equipment and channel configurations to direct processing through or around problems in equipment, circuits, or channels or reviewing test run requirements and developing unusual system configurations that will allow test programs to process without interfering with ongoing job requirements). In response to computer output instructions and error conditions or to avoid loss of information or to conserve computer time, operator deviates from standard procedures. Such actions may materially alter the computer unit's production plans. This operator may spend considerable time away from the control station providing technical assistance to lower level operators and assisting programmers, systems analysts, and subject matter specialists with resolution of problems.
- In response to computer output instructions and error conditions or to avoid loss of information or to conserve computer time, operator deviates from standard procedures
- may materially alter the computer unit's production plans
- This operator may spend considerable time away from the control station providing technical assistance to lower level operators and assisting programmers, systems analysts, and subject matter specialists with resolution of problems.
- Operates and maintains Tactical Combat Training Systems (TCTS) computers and peripheral equipment
- Enters flight data for missions into the TCTS Mission Line up (MLU).
- Interacts with mission coordinator and or squadron for timely data input into MLU.
- Verifies all information received from the squadron is correct and is accurately reflected on the Joint Display System
- Monitors all live missions and notifies supervisor of any malfunctions or stoppage immediately.
- Assists Range Training Officers (RTO)/Controllers with mission computer and communications equipment set-up and operation for live missions
- Inputs, monitors and changes radio frequencies as necessary.
- Archives previous mission data and prepares for entry of new flight data into system for next mission.
- Starts and stops mission recording and sets up debrief rooms for mission replay. Assists RTO/Controllers and pilots with running replays.
- Enters data for the daily mission(s) into Range Information Management System (RIMS)
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years of experience
- Must obtain/maintain a CompTIA Network+ or Security+ Certificate within 6 months of hire date.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.