Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Tactical Combat Training System Engineering Technician IV
Job Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Non-Exempt Union
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Engineering Technician IV performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or
adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment
requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently. Work is
reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions.
• Constructing components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment
• may troubleshoot and correct malfunctions
• Following specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and subunits of equipment.
• Conducting various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement, selecting, preparing, and operating standard test equipment and records test data
• Extracting and compiling a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc., processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, selecting methods of data presentation
• Assisting in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials that are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts
• developing information concerning previous operational failures and modifications and using judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
• at least 8 years of related experience
• High School Diploma required
• Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
• Ability to work well in a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.