Job Title: Subcontracts Manager
Job Location: Fairfax, VA
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Minimum 30% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The ideal candidate will possess prior government contracting experience in subcontracts. The Subcontracts Manager has responsibility over subcontract activities for assigned projects and must have demonstrated ability to plan, direct and coordinate all subcontract activities.
- Develop subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the sourcing of material and services (i.e., base operations support programs) in support of multiple contract types
- Lead activities of subcontract teams on assigned programs
- Ensure products and services obtained by the team meet quality, cost and schedule objectives in accordance with program and company requirements.
- Identify potential sources for required materials, develop and issue requests for proposals. Respond to supplier inquiries
- Receive and review supplier proposals. Lead proposal evaluation teams through a supplier selection process after a technical evaluation and cost/price analysis are complete
- Negotiate subcontract terms and conditions including price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements. Negotiate required special terms. Ensure independent price/cost analyses are performed as needed. Document the entire fact-finding and negotiation process
- Develop the subcontract document, ensuring it complies with Government, Corporate and Company requirements. Obtain management approval prior to issuance to the subcontractor
- Participate in subcontractor surveys and program reviews
- Review and monitor payments, commitments and funds status
- Negotiate subcontract changes and responds to all formal subcontract inquiries and issues
- Provide subcontract status as required
- Negotiate and issue teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and memoranda of understanding
- Close out subcontracts upon receipt of all deliverable items and final payment
- Provide subcontract advice to program managers, technical personnel, and other related functions such as finance, quality, and contracts administration, and performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Provide leadership and guidance to project level Subcontract Project Managers
- 8 years of experience in Subcontracts Management/Procurement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating, drafting and administering complex contracts
- Expert knowledge of procurement regulations (UCC, FAR, DFAR) required
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.