Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Training
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Labor Category: Non-Exempt Part Time
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Pay: $91,480 – $144,670
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The ideal candidate a strong structural engineering background supporting base operations.
- Creating detailed designs and plans for various structures, ensuring that they are safe, sustainable, and compliant with regulations and standards.
- Using engineering software and tools to perform complex calculations and analysis to determine the structural integrity and stability of designs.
- Assessing the site conditions and conducting structural inspections to gather data for the design process and ensure that the proposed structures meet the specific requirements of the site.
- Writing technical specifications and preparing project proposals to communicate the requirements and expectations for construction projects to clients and stakeholders.
- Working closely with architects, construction teams, and other professionals to ensure that the structural design aligns with the overall project goals.
- Adhering to local and national building codes and regulations to ensure that the structural designs meet the necessary safety and legal standards.
- Employing CAD software to create 2D and 3D models, drawings, and blueprints, facilitating effective communication of design concepts to clients and construction teams.
- Identifying potential risks and hazards associated with structural designs and implementing appropriate measures to mitigate these risks during the construction and maintenance phases.
- Performing regular structural assessments and inspections of existing buildings and structures to assess their integrity, identify potential problems, and recommend necessary maintenance or repairs.
- Communicating effectively with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to address their concerns, provide updates on project progress, and ensure that their needs and expectations are met throughout the project lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado
- Have in-depth experience in civil or structural engineering design, cost estimating, project management, and facilities maintenance.
- Experience in code compliance reviews, sustainable design, water distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, open stormwater drainage, pavements design/maintenance, roofing, and structural analysis is preferred
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.