Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: TH Services
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Job Location: Joint Base Andrews, MD
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
TH Services currently has an opening for a Cisco Systems Engineer to work on a high-profile datacenter migration project in Suitland, Maryland to provide technical leadership and support in the areas of IT planning, solution specification/design, implementation and target architecture development for the AFNCR Consolidated Communication Center (CCC). The Engineer will support the 844th Communications Group at Joint Base Andrews (JBA). This role includes supporting the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW) and Headquarters Air Force (HAF) customers on both NIPRNet and SIPRNet domains for the development of the CCC building. The qualified candidate will have knowledge of information technology commercial solutions and experience designing and developing technical solutions.
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer to identify, assess, and present solution options for meeting the functional and technical requirements, which may include hardware and/or software.
- Develops documentation for System Installation Plans and System Administration Guides.
- Provide transparent and regular status updates in requested format to internal and external stakeholders.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage and backup systems (ie. storage arrays, SAN switches, backup software, and backup arrays)
- Document and enforce hardware standards.
- Manage and maintain IP addressing schema.
- Performs security hardening, patching and server certificate updates.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Lead Engineers or Project Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years related experience or the equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience with EMC storage, Cisco SAN, Avamar, Data Domain.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Ability to work independently, and work effectively in a collaborative team environment while keeping the team informed.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Visio.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate.
- Must possess an active DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- EMC Storage certifications are highly desired.
- Experience with VMware vSAN desired
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.