Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Information Solutions
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Location: Remote Position working with Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, OH
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance, if required
Travel Requirement: Limited; may be required to visit Wright-Patterson AFB
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
This position is in support of sustainment and modification of the United States Air Force (USAF) Electronic Technical Information Management System (ETIMS) program. ETIMS is the Air Force System of Record for Technical Order (TO) management and is the Air Force’s Enterprise Defense Business System (DBS) for managing TOs. TOs are military orders containing the authoritative procedures and instructions for operating and maintaining all U.S. Department of the Air Force equipment and systems.
ETIMS supports ~178,000 users at ~385 sites worldwide. It also supports ~60,000 eTOs, 54,000 ETIMS eTools, 14,000 paper TOs, and more than 13,000 TO libraries across the Air Force Enterprise. Agencies that rely on ETIMS for Air Force-related TOs and Computer Program Identification Numbers (CPINs) include the Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Foreign Military Sales (FMS), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), The White House, and numerous Military Industrial Complex partners. ETIMS provides access to the official TO cataloging, managing, storing, distributing, and viewing capabilities needed by the operators and maintainers to support all Air Force weapon systems and equipment items.
ETIMS is a cloud-based enterprise system hosting the Java and Windows applications accessing Oracle database in the AWS environment. The ETIMS migration to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Air Force Cloud 1 environment and leveraging Agile Principles allows for processes to mature across the user community and enables streamlining and process improvement realized by the rapid delivery of follow-on capabilities. ETIMS has been modernized over the years to provide a fully capable Air Force enterprise TO Management system.
The Government Program Office is located at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. The development and support team are geographically dispersed and teleworking our daily working protocol.
Scope of Work:
The Senior Software Engineer will support the modernization and sustainment of the USAF ETIMS Program and will join a team focused on the implementation of improvements to our current architecture, including Oracle database, Java and .NET server-based applications, web client and Windows-based client application and mirroring the Windows-based client application across iOS platform devices. We are looking for an experienced software developer with a strong background in architecture, development, and maintenance tasks. The Senior Software Engineer mentor other teammates as well as provide hands on development support. The program requires highly qualified, self-motivated, proactive persons who can develop strong customer relationships and work with staff from a diverse set of contractors.
- Participate in Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMS) and maintain consistent and proactive communication and collaboration with government team counterparts to understand customer requirements
- Work with teammates to determine how to best deliver functionality to meet customer requirements
- Cooperate with back-end developers, designers, and the other teammates to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
- Create an application design document to meet customer requirements
- Plan, execute, and oversee software development activities while achieving organizational alignment by continually collaborating with all functional areas
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug software to include fixing bugs and addressing performance problems in a timely manner
- Write clean, commented, readable, testable, and maintainable code that meets KIRA software standards
- Collaborate with the test team to ensure that testers can write full function test scripts
- Test and provide support for client applications
- Ensure that every application undergoes testing for usability, robustness, and general reliability
- Apply appropriate standards and applicable processes using appropriate tools throughout the development life cycle
- Ensure continuous evaluation, discovery, implementation, and the awareness of new technologies to maximize the efficiency of development
- Recommend periodic changes and enhancements to client applications
- Contribute to the development of project schedules and workflows
- Conduct training, share expertise, and provide guidance to other developers and the broader team
- Understands importance of and contributes to developing and maintaining a single code base for Windows and Mobile platforms
- Support the build/release of applications and management of application in AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Perform all necessary AWS Cloud Infrastructure-related responsibilities, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline and 5-10 years development experience or 15+ years of highly relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency with different programming languages such as C#, .Net, and/or Java
- Experience performing Dev/Sec/Ops within AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns—MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture
- Core experience in User Experience (UE) and User Interface (UI) will be needed
- Has Security+ certification and is able to obtain 8570 certification within 30 days of employment
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Experience with Cross-Domain Mobile Application development
- Experience with and knowledge of iOS applications
- Experience in Government Contracting preferred
- Understanding mobile app design guidelines on each platform (Windows, iOS, and/or Android) and being aware of their differences
- Familiarity with Agile Development
- Familiarity with Oracle RDBMS (Relational Database Management System)
- Familiarity with Groovy programming
- Familiarity with SOAP based Web services and mobile libraries for networking
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and mobile libraries for networking
- Familiarity with the XML, YAML, or JSON format
- Familiarity with GIT (Configuration Management tool)
- Familiarity with push notifications
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company-paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.