Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Job Title: Senior IT Systems Engineer
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Typically, < 5% but could be up to 10%
Pay: Starting at $130,000
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Senior IT Systems Engineer assists the VP of IT and the Director of IT with managing all aspects of the IT infrastructure to include IT systems management, network administration, development of processes and procedures, employing and validating cyber security controls, and implementing and tuning new and existing IT solutions to help maximize ROI. The successful candidate is expected to have a wide breadth of IT knowledge and experience; able to apply critical thinking and logical problem solving to resolve complex technical problems quickly and efficiently. Must be willing to embrace new challenges and learn new skills.
The Senior IT Systems Engineer’s primary role will be to serve as the team’s resident Microsoft 365 and Entra ID (Azure) administration subject matter expert; consequently; to be successful in that capacity the candidate must have previous hands-on experience working in Microsoft 365 and Entra Admin Center environments in a Global Administrator capacity to include the various Admin Centers which comprise these environments (Entra ID, Compliance, Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, etc.) Additionally, the candidate is expected and required to have solid experience administering a Windows Active Directory environment at the engineer level, possessing knowledge and skills that go well beyond basic account management.
This is a small team supporting a hybrid infrastructure consisting of both on-premises and hosted services. All team members are expected to chip in and help where hands and experience are needed and to share their knowledge with fellow team members.
- Assist the VP of IT and the Director of IT with managing the IT infrastructure and IT Services.
- Serve as the primary administrator for Microsoft 365, Entra (Azure) environments.
- Assist with Active Directory administration, maintenance and tuning.
- Assist with IT systems management, tuning and optimization.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to resolve complex technical issues.
- Proactively research issues and help develop solutions.
- Develop IT SOP documentation and end-user training materials.
- Help develop standard configuration templates, processes, and procedures.
- Assist with monthly server maintenance tasks, installing critical updates and patches.
- Proactively monitor information systems for capacity and availability.
- Enforce corporate cyber security controls, directives, and policies.
- Perform troubleshooting and triage of connectivity related issues.
- Provide support for end user technical issues.
- Assist end users with installation of approved applications and equipment.
- Configure the operating system and end user applications settings for proper functionality and security.
- Provide troubleshooting and support for smartphone and mobile device issues.
- Participate in the design, documentation, testing, evaluation, implementation, and training of new systems or applications.
- Deliver desk-side training and support to users in person or through remote technology tools.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other IS Administrators.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive technical experience; having worked as an IT Systems Engineer in a technical capacity (hands on)
- Must be able to fully administer all aspects of Microsoft 365 and Entra Admin centers from a global admin perspective; experience with GCC High is a plus.
- In depth knowledge and experience working with both Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Entra ID (Azure Active Directory) in a hybrid infrastructure.
- Possess requisite skills needed to properly support Windows Server and Windows 10/11 based systems, including Group Policy management; familiarity with Linux and UNIX is a plus.
- Exposure and experience with VMware infrastructure administration
- Strong understanding of layer 2 and layer 3 network communications (DNS, DHCP, NAT, VPN, etc.) and the steps needed to properly troubleshoot network related issues; experience with Palo Alto Firewall is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of NIST 800-171 guidelines for Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI); experience implementing CMMC is a plus.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills; must be able to write and communicate effectively in English.
- Able to document processes and procedures and create end user specific training documentation.
- Customer service oriented, able to maintain composure and professional demeanor during stressful events.
- Must be detail oriented, quality focused, and well organized; does not sacrifice Security for the sake of convenience or speed.
- Can work independently or as a contributing and collaborating member of a diverse professional team.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to support client needs or to support new project phase-ins.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.