Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Purchasing Supervisor
Job Location: Fort Carson, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
SUMMARY Responsible for the oversight of the procurement, processing and review of all department purchasing needs. Ensure that all purchasing is done in accordance and in compliance with Government procurement procedures. Purchase required materials and services using best value considerations including price, availability and quality, utilizing T&H Services company procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Oversight of department in the following areas. Will also provide support in the same duties.
- Work with the department supervisors and Material Coordinators to ensure that all orders are purchased at the lowest possible cost in the appropriate timeline.
- Review all new supplier orders. Contact supplies to determine classification, terms of sale and other necessary information. Ensure that supplier is accurately set up in CMMS.
- Review all contracts presented for order, modification and signature. Identify orders where contracts are necessary, secure those contracts and process orders.
- Place orders to appropriate suppliers based on proof of price reasonableness and reasonable expectation of competition.
- Expedite problems regarding order delivery, damaged shipments, shipping errors, ect. Assist with resolving billing errors.
- Perform cost/price analysis for routine orders.
- Oversee and follow up on pending and return orders to ensure processing is accomplished in minimal timeframe.
- Meet with suppliers.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations(FAR). Produce Sole Source documents drafts for review.
- Confer with customers, supervisors, sub-contractors, and others to exchange information and resolve problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Excellent communication skills, (oral and written). Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check and background investigation.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university is preferred but not required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years of responsible warehouse experience, purchasing; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years’ experience in supervision, preferably in a purchasing environment.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & ADD
- Employee paid voluntary life & AD&D for dependents
- Accrued Vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.