Job Title: Planner/Estimator
Job Location: USAF, Academy
Labor Category: Non -Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to collect and analyze data to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor required for facility and infrastructure maintenance, repair, and construction projects.
- Assists Engineering Design Project Managers with development of construction cost estimates for in-house project designs across multi-disciplines to include architectural, civil, structural, electrical, and mechanical requirements.
- Assists Engineering Design Project Managers with validation of multi-disciplinary construction cost estimates from Architectural-Engineering (A-E) design firms.
- Uses RSMeans (required) construction cost estimating tools to develop detailed cost estimates.
- Consults with internal/external agencies and material vendors for cost validation.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to project managers in regards to specialized construction methodologies, techniques, principles, and/or processes related to estimating.
- Assists Operations and Maintenance Department Planner/Estimators with development of construction cost estimates for in-house work orders with scopes typically less than $50k per project.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Five years specialized experience supporting engineering construction cost estimating required.
- Experience using commercially available estimating tools such as RSMeans to develop the required estimates and ensure all aspects of the project are covered.
- Familiarity with PACES (Parametric Cost Estimating System) software desired.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree or higher desired.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) required.
- Must successfully complete the Air Force 400-level Cost Estimating Course within 6 months of hire.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.