Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer at the Defense Information Systems Agency-Pacific (DISA-PAC) located in Hawaii. DISA-PAC acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The position will provide Operational Engineering support to the Mission Integrity Team (MIT), as a member of Transport OE. The primary role of Transport is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and cryptographic systems.
– DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security within 90 days of start date
– Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
– Experience with some or all equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
– Manage GTMS ticket reporting, in accordance with Change Management procedures. If available, use SOPs, TTPs, and WIs to complete Change tasks
– Perform network monitoring to asses if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting
– Engage with other engineers to determine the best practice and operation of the network to maintain constant operation
– Determine the most efficient configuration of the network based on Engineering documents and experience
– Provide input to Government customer on best practice for the operation and maintenance of the network
– Engage customers to determine solution to reported problems to network outages and degradations experienced
– Coordinate with Ticket Queue Master to correct any issues that fall outside of those covered by the TTP documentation
– Use TTPs to complete final validation checks to set GTMS tickets to closed status
– Support Authorized Service Interruption (ASI) Activities Collect site and device data
– Determine scheduling of maintenance windows
– Coordinate dispatch of technicians and availability of site personnel
– Review Problem Management candidate tickets to accept or reject based on SOP
– Interact with Problem Coordinator and Government customer on proposed solution
– Perform Root Cause analysis to determine reason for continued outage(s)
– Engage vendor support and customer technical assets to determine troubleshooting methodology to use in the resolution or determination of the root cause
– Ad-hoc engineering support, statistics/data gathering and reporting
– Dispatch/RMA Actions Correct/Replace Faulty Network Elements
– Interact with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to create hardware replacement order
– Mission Support Services (MSS) Support / Sustainment / Compliance
– BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.