Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
*****POSITION CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD*****
KIRA Training Services
Lead Operator Water/Wastewater Plant
Non-Exempt / CBA (Union)
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly-owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work: The Lead Operator serves as the Water and Wastewater Plant Supervisor and the Facility Coordinator for their respective facilities and areas of operation.
- Ensure that all required maintenance and repair efforts, including those that the plant operators and mechanics cannot take care of themselves, are identified, and required documentation is initiated (i.e., work requests and notifications in accordance with the PWS or Government work control center calls).
- Accomplish all necessary maintenance or repairs needed (either as operations maintenance, repairs, service work, or work requests) in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Perform maintenance and repairs shall be performed as necessary to prevent undue wear and tear, prolong the useful life of equipment and systems, and promote the most efficient and economical performance.
- Safely operate the system and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization, and general maintenance of the equipment.
- Always communicate effectively and professionally and demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all interactions.
- Lead and direct personnel to perform duties/tasks in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Attend safety meetings and ensure all tasks are always completed safely and professionally.
- Properly document all Company, Federal, Provincial, and Customer paperwork as required by law and/or established policy clearly and legibly.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current Level III Water Treatment License and Level II Wastewater Treatment license from the State of Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working on a base facility or a plant of similar capacity and configuration.
- Documented experience working with supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems and PLC (Programmable Logic Systems)/HMI (Human Interface Software Integration) knowledge.
- Possess SCADA, PLC/HMI experience.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 70 pounds on occasion. Perform housekeeping, brush control and groundskeeping duties, and corrosion control painting.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting with exposure to all sorts of inclement weather.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Basic Life, & AD&D
- Employee Paid Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, and AD&D for Dependents
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.