Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Grounds Maintenance
Job Location: NS Mayport, Mayport, FL
Labor Category: Non–Exempt | SCA
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The laborer will maintain grounds of industrial, commercial and public property and will operate equipment in the completion of daily job duties.
The laborer will conduct but is not limited to:
- Use hand and arm signals to direct other operators
- Tie down equipment and cargo loads on stake bed trucks and flatbed trailers
- Operate hand sweepers for sweeping, roads and parking areas etc.
- Use cell phones to communicate with supervisors
- Operate lawn maintenance equipment such as mowers, edgers and trimmers
- Rake and remove leaves and other natural debris
- Perform other laborer duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be able to track labor to appropriate work orders and account timesheets to appropriate line item number
- Basic ground maintenance knowledge
- Ability to work assigned schedule
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, reach, lift, walk week whack and sit for long periods of time.
- Must have ability to maintain assigned work hours
- Must have endurance to perform repetitive tasks over long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Experience in operating small trucks and grounds equipment
- Maintain grounds per the customer requirements
- Timely completion of work and accurate tracking of work
- Must be able to pass a criminal background security investigation and drug screen in order to work in assigned areas.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license.
- One (1) year of related grounds laborer experience is preferred but not required.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.