Subsidiary: KIRA Government Services
Job Title: ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN III (ELECTRICAL) – Facility Operations/Maintenance
Job Location: Greenbelt, MD
Labor Category: Non- Exempt, Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Install, examine, replace, and repair electrical wiring, control circuits, receptacles, switches, conduit, motors, invertors, PLC, motor starters, coils and other electrical components. Read, write and interpret drawings, blueprints, and electrical schematics in order to perform component level repairs. Install new electrical circuits including conduit, wiring, and breakers. Perform all functions while adhering to the NEC and local code requirement. May work on some mechanical tasks as well. Some shift work and scheduled overtime will be required, as well as travel to other sites. May be cross-utilized and cross-trained to support all groups within Functional Support in order to develop mutually useful skills.
- This position is for 2nd shift (3p-11:30p, Monday-Friday)
- In an industrial setting: Install, examine, replace, and repair electrical wiring, control circuits, receptacles, switches, conduit, motors, invertors, PLC, motor starters, coils and other electrical components.
- Must have extensive experience with 120v, 220v, and 480 three-phase motors and circuits.
- Read, write and interpret drawings, blueprints and electrical schematics in order to perform component level repairs and cost estimate.
- Install new electrical circuits including conduit, wiring and breakers. Perform all functions while adhering to the NEC and local code requirement.
- Must have general mechanical aptitude to perform other production duties as assigned.
- Ability to work safely, follow directions and conduct quality and safety inspections. Must understand and follow posted work rules/procedures.
- May be cross-utilized and cross-trained to support all groups within functional support areas.
- May also perform other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by lead personnel or management.
- May also perform temporary duties in other areas or other duties associated within area of assignment.
- Education or years’ experience commensurate with skill level required for position complexity as determined by management. At least six years direct experience in electrical trade.
- Must have Electrician journeyman’s license approved by a state or county government. Master electrician license preferred.
- Technical training must be equivalent to four years apprenticeship in the electrical trade. Have thorough knowledge of all aspects of the National Electrical Code and local electrical codes.
- Significant experience working on electrical systems ranging from 24VDC to 480VAC in an industrial or commercial setting.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of related building codes regulations and ordinances.
- Proven ability to effectively read, interpret and work from plans, schematics and drawings.
- Experience in project estimation of electrical labor, materials and equipment required.
- Experience working with variable frequency drives (VFD’s) and PLC’s is desired
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from Leads, engineering or management.
- Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of work flow.
- Must be self-motivated and a “Team Player” with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to organize time, assignments and properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing assigned training or other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS III management.
- Familiarization of Industrial Automation, SCADA and PLC controllers.
- HVAC systems and equipment maintenance.
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, catwalks, cranes, boatswain chairs, suspended platforms or cages, etc.
- Works while bending, standing, stooping, kneeling or in a prone position for extended time periods.
- Works in closely confined spaces.
- Lift and carry items up to 35 pounds.
- Pushes and pulls heavy objects.
- Ability to use hearing and vision protection and respiratory equipment.
- Ability to distinguish eight color panel display.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.