T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Candidate is responsible for overseeing the deliver of IT services and IT related projects at the client worksite. This includes the deployment, configuration, documentation, maintenance, and monitoring of active network equipment. Functions for this position include Windows System Administration, Firewall/IDS/IPS Administration, Network Administration, and Information Assurance Administration. Supervises full-time employees, or their equivalent, on a regular basis. Makes recommendations that are given particular weight regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees. Makes material and labor estimates. Establishes, assigns and adjusts work methods and procedures to meet schedules using knowledge of capacities and capabilities of personnel and equipment. Initiates measures to improve processes, equipment performance, and quality of work. Interprets policies to assigned personnel and enforces safety regulations and adherence to proper codes and standards. Recommends or initiates action involving promotions, transfers, disciplinary action and motivation of employees. Maintains records and files, including the approval of time cards and absences, and submits as required. Train and instructs employees in new methods or procedures. Maintains responsibility for the correct stock levels of repair or replacement parts. Inspects work in process to insure its completion within allotted time limits and for acceptable quality standards. Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, engineers and others concerning equipment operations or maintenance.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages multiple, concurrent, IT projects to completion.
- Manages and assists the team with service desk tickets providing desktop support and Server Administration support
- Installs, tests and maintains the latest system updates and upgrades to keep systems up to date with the latest security patches and features.
- Creates and manages role-based access controls using objects in Active Directory, Microsoft 365, and Azure Active Directory and other systems.
- Performs daily system administration tasks in support of mission requirements.
- Acts as an escalation point to diagnose and troubleshoot system issues and problems.
- Develops and maintains system documentation and infrastructure support procedures.
- Implements and updates Disaster Recovery Plans and Emergency Response Plans to ensure rapid system recovery.
- Configures, optimizes, and tests network devices, servers, and applications to ensure compliance with security policies, procedures, and technical requirements.
- Development and implementation of access control lists on routes, firewalls, and other network devices
- Develops and maintains scripts for automating routine system/network or administration tasks.
- Analyzes system performance for potential security problems and/or vulnerabilities.
- Researches, evaluates, and provides feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements.
- Monitor’s performance of customer support functions to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance and/or training, in response to customer requirements.
- Conducts continuous evaluation and improvement of systems, processes, and procedures.
- Five or more years technical hands-on experience in a client-server environment.
- Strong understanding of Server/Client architecture and functionality along with a good working knowledge of networking and networking principals
- To be successful, the candidate must be able to function as a hands-on Systems Administrator with a good understanding of IT configurations within a secure environment.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team environment to evaluate and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria as well as use judgment in making required adaptations and modifications.
- Should have excellent oral and written communications skills; able to work with diverse customer base (military and civilian).
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, mission-oriented environment centered on high availability and quick response to customer requirements.
- Experience with VMware ESX to manage virtualized servers.
- Should have strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
- Must be very comfortable using Microsoft Office suite – Microsoft Project experience is a Plus.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma (vocational/technical training and certifications a plus). Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred.
Other qualifications include strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Strong teamwork leadership and facilitation skills. Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record background check. May be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. For positions requiring use of a company and/or customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record within the past 36 months, as defined by company policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & ADD
- Employee paid voluntary life & AD&D for dependents
- Accrued Vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.