Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Hazardous Materials Spill Response Staff
Job Location: Blackstone, VA
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | SCA
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Hazardous Materials Spill Response Staff is responsible for responding and mitigating all hazardous materials spills. Additionally, this position is responsible for the storage, inspection, and transportation of hazardous materials for the FASTC contract.
- The main responsibility of the position is to perform maintenance, handling, response, and cleanup of a hazardous materials onsite.
- Additional work may include but is not limited to work involving a variety of the following duties:
- Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets.
- Painting structures and equipment.
- Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks.
- Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles.
- Hanging doors and installing door locks.
- Replacing broken window panes.
- Performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Perform other general work as assigned.
- Practical work experience with a variety of hazardous materials is preferred including experience and knowledge working with weapon hazardous materials such as lead, gun powder, and frangible ammo.
- Basic knowledge of custodial and recycling preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain training, licenses, and certifications including hazardous spills and response clean up, and hazardous materials storage and transportation training and certifications. Training must be obtained within 15 days of employment and recertified every 6 months.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to make repairs and installation from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms.
- Works with systems and equipment in hard to reach places requiring standing, stooping, bending. kneeling, climbing and working in tight and uncomfortable positions.
- The incumbent frequently lifts. carries, and sets up equipment that weigh s up to 20 pounds. Occasionally, may lift and carry items that weigh over 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable getting dirty, dusty, and greasy in an indoor or outdoor environment with frequent exposure to inclement weather conditions.
T&H Services offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.