$22.57 base wage per hour plus H&W
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This position serves as a truck driver for a majority of the work day. General Maintenance Workers also provide support on grounds related services such as concrete work, asphalt, and aiding equipment operators. This position is also vital in assisting in snow removal, paint striping and moving lifts and equipment. The position requires practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in various construction trades. Work will include various laborious duties while utilizing many different hand tools, repairing or replacing concrete, asphalt, dirt work, and also operate equipment such as Vactor Trucks, Dump Trucks with sander and plow, and Street Sweepers. Employees will be required to work outdoors in any elements of weather. During winter months assist in snow removal via operation of various equipment. This position will require overtime and being on call.
On a continuous basis, sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and twist for varying periods in the course of work; use hands and fingers to grasp tools; make repetitive hand and body motions; twist and reach below and above shoulder; lift or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; to communicate with co-workers using a two-way radio; use telephone, see in the normal vision range with or without correction to read.
- Class B CDL Required. Must have Tanker Endorsement or be willing to obtain within 6 months of employment. (Class A CDL Preferred; no restrictions)
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years related experience
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Tandem dump truck and tractor trailer endorsement is preferred.
- Tanker and hazmat experience preferred. Street and parking lot striping experience preferred.
- Construction equipment experience preferred.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors environments. Some work is performed with exposure to low to loud noise level; frequent fieldwork is required with exposure to a variety of weather conditions and the external environment; tasks may require working in tightly enclosed spaces and the use of ladders or other safety equipment to gain access to hard to reach locations. The employee occasionally works in precarious places and is occasionally exposed to dust and debris.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & ADD
- Employee paid voluntary life & AD&D for dependents
- Accrued Vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.