Company: T&H Services
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker – Structures
Location: Fort Carson, CO
Pay: $22.90/hr PLUS from $7.00-9.20/hr Health and Welfare Benefits
Department: Support Services
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The General Maintenance Worker performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, and masonry. Work involves a variety of the following duties: Replacing switches, fixtures, and motors. Using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings. Painting structures and equipment. Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks. Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles. Hanging doors and installing door locks. Replacing broken windowpanes. Performing general maintenance to assist Carpenters with their duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: On a continuous basis, sit, stand, bend, climb ladders (up to 40 feet), stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and twist for varying periods in the course of work; use hands and fingers to grasp tools; make repetitive hand and body motions; twist and reach below and above shoulder; lift or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; to communicate with co-workers using a two-way radio; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; see in the normal vision range with or without correction to read computer screen, blueprints, and drafting plans; hear in the normal range with or without correction.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed both indoors and outdoors environments. Some work is performed with exposure to low to loud noise level; frequent fieldwork is required with exposure to a variety of weather conditions and the external environment; tasks may require working in tightly enclosed spaces and the use of ladders or other safety equipment to gain access to hard to reach locations; some work is performed in crawl spaces, attics or on rooftops. Some work may require exposure to dust, particulates, unpleasant and potentially hazardous substances and high voltage.
- Prefer an individual with a minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of grounds, building and/or utility trades.
- Each complete year of accredited college education in a related field may be substituted for the equivalent number of years of required experience.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must maintain a current valid driver’s license.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation. For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record as defined by Company policy.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & ADD
- Employee paid voluntary life & AD&D for dependents
- Accrued Vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.