FURY Engineering Tech IV
Virginia Beach, VA
Non-Exempt l CBA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This technician performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts, contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others. Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches.
- Assist EMW Mission Coordinators with daily FURY EMW training operations.
- Plan, coordinate, script, and execute FURY EMW system operations in support of customer requirements.
- Coordinate with surface SSES and sub-surface teams to collect performance data, provide remote assistance, and evaluate EMW training operations.
- Assist EMW Mission Coordinators to provide assessment to Fleet stakeholders of unit and group performance during EMW training mission execution.
- Provide training to contract and military personnel on new systems to support EMW training requirements.
- Conduct preventative maintenance, maintain equipment inventories and develop work orders as required.
- Perform maintenance; troubleshooting and upgrade installations to current and future EMW range systems. Perform other duties as assigned by EMW Mission Coordinators and EMW Technician V.
- May be required to travel to support other Training Range locations worldwide. May be required to support afloat EMW/IW operations, requiring periodic at-sea embarkations on Training Support Vessels (TSVs).
- Shift work may be required to meet the needs of a worldwide customer base and ensure mission readiness is maintained at all times. Schedules are based on mission schedule and Fleet requirements.
- At least 4 years of experience working with Electromagnetic Maneuver Warfare (EMW), Information Warfare (IW), Electronic Warfare (EW), and Information Operations (IO).
- Experience working with Navy IT secured networked systems and WIFI connectivity.
- Basic knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) operations.
- Experience working with networks, switches, routers, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) operations, to include HF/VHF/UHF Electronic Support (ES), Electronic Attack (EA) operations, RF systems and waveform propagation fundamentals.
- Detailed knowledge and experience working with air, surface, and/or sub-surface EW/IW/IO systems and operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state Driver’s License.
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with Navy Cryptologic systems, to include SSEE Increment E/F maritime systems and signals analysis tools.
- Knowledge and experience working with FURY EMW Range system, HF ALE radios, and other remote radio operations.
- Experience working with afloat and ashore command staff coordination.
- Knowledge and experience working with tactical training ranges and operations.
- Possess current Network + and/or Security + certification.
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline desired.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.