Subsidiary: KIRA Innovative Services LLC
Job Title: Food Service Cook, Lead
Job Location: Honduras – Soto Cano Air Base
Labor Category: Exempt (EXPAT)
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
– Salary: $70,000 – 75,000 DOE + 20% Post Differential
– Retention Bonus: $6,000 annually ($3,000 to be paid semi-annually)
– Per Diem: $13.90 per day
– Leave: Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual at Three (3) Weeks
– Company Mandated Housing
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of the position is to assist in the leadership/training of Dining Facility (DFAC) personnel in their daily functions of a dining facility, ensuring all standards are met or exceeded in order to provide quality service to the SOUTHCOM LOGCAP V contract in Soto Cano, Honduras.
- Independently prepare in large quantities, by various methods of cooking, meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, seasons and cooks all cuts of various meats, fish and poultry, boils, steams or fry’s vegetables, makes gravies, soups, sauces, roasts, meat pies, fricassees, casseroles, and stews.
- Participates in Hot and Cold Food Production, Recipe Compliance and assures adherence to Food Production, Service, Sanitation Standards.
- Assist in providing oversight, supervision, leadership training, and direction to all company food service employees.
- Assist in the preparation of menu items according to recipes and other tasks for the kitchen and dining room operations in the DFAC on their assigned shift, immediately correcting deficiencies as noted.
- Review Preventive Medicine and QA/QC Inspections with DFAC Manager, correcting all documented deficiencies.
- Assure compliance with Military & Company Policies and Procedures.
- Display good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Display good leadership skills and successfully lead the team during shifts.
- Ensure proper receipt, storage, inventory, and security of all subsistence delivered to DFAC.
- Maintains all equipment and cooking utensils at maximum efficiency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- This position must have three (3) years of experience working in a commercial or military kitchen.
- Successful completion of training on the safe use of chemicals, understanding of manufacturer’s product labels, and information contained on material safety data sheets (MSDSs) IAW Title 29, Code of Federal Regulation Part 1910.1200 is required. Must demonstrate the ability to prepare food that is compliant with DoD 1338.10-M.
- Must possess the ability to clean food preparation areas IAW MIL-STB-3006C. Licenses/Certifications: Must be capable of completing the certification training IAW the TB Med 530–Tri Service Food Code. Possess and maintain ServSafe certification. Manager Certification preferred.
- Proficient computer skills to include the use of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- The worker must be able to endure the conditions of and be able to work in a commercial kitchen environment (extreme heat/cold etc.). Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing. Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must satisfactorily complete medical clearance requirements.
- Must satisfactorily obtain and maintain the necessary documents (work permit/VISA) to perform work in OCONUS location
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable, but not required.
- Willingness to live and work under environmental and other conditions that may be uncomfortable or hazardous at times.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays. Must be able to perform On-call duties when and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.