Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
Fire Alarm System Technician / Mechanic
Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Non-Exempt | CBA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Perform service-related duties to maintain existing Fire Alarm Systems in a campus setting. This includes system repair and periodic testing & inspections in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications, local AHJ requirements, and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.
- Respond to service requests to maintain/repair existing addressable and conventional Fire Alarm Systems in a campus setting.
- Troubleshooting and resolving system troubles as needed.
- Troubleshooting of FACP components and limited FACP component repair may also be needed.
- Replacement/repair of SLC & NAC field devices as needed.
- Replacement/repair of SLC & NAC field wiring as needed.
- Perform periodic testing & inspections in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications, local AHJ requirements, and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.
- Troubleshooting and repair of any deficiencies noted during periodic testing & inspections.
- Work with other fire alarm-integrated building equipment as needed. This includes but is not limited to sprinkler systems, HVAC, and access control.
- Be able to work with and effectively communicate with other contractors as needed. This includes but is not limited to sprinkler systems, HVAC, and access control contractors.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by continual follow-up, effective communication, and 100% final checkout of service jobs you are assigned.
- Firestopping various types of cable penetrations.
- Ability to work on or learn to work on other low-voltage systems. Other low voltage systems, i.e., Intrusion, Video Surveillance, Network, Access Control, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess and maintain Fire Alarm Systems NICET II or higher.
- Must have an active license for either Illinois or Iowa for fire alarm maintenance.
- Preferred National Fire Protection Association Certification in the following (NFPA 13, 25, 72).
- Minimum of two years of experience with fire alarms systems.
- Knowledge of national and local fire codes.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team. Must work well with others and be self-sufficient.
- Must be flexible and able to change tasks on short notice.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Frequent bending, squatting, crouching, reaching above shoulder level, kneeling, and climbing.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 50 lbs. Maximum lifting/carrying capacity per employee is 40 lbs.; team lifting, or mechanical means is required thereafter.
- Must be able to work in a confined space as needed.
- Exposure to cleaning, maintenance, and repair products.
- May expose to inclement weather (extremely hot, cold, rain, wind, and snow), heights, and working over water
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.