Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Environmentalist
Job Location: Blackstone, VA
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Environmentalist conducts in depth studies, surveys, and environmental audits of the facility and its operations, and collaborates with managers during the environmental compliance audits to identify and develop corrective actions for noncompliance deficiencies.
- Serves as primary point of contact at the Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) for the elements of the Department’s Agency Sustainability Plan related to facilities environmental and energy metrics.
- Maintains appropriate records and files to ensure all official communications in this area are appropriate, timely and accurate.
- Coordinates, monitors and reviews facility reports submitted to environmental regulatory agencies, and ensures all permits issued and received are accurate and up-to-date.
- Reviews proposed and final environmental regulations and directives to determine their applicability to facility operations, and prepares environmental regulatory and compliance recommendations, comments and implementation suggestions for the consideration of the Division and Office Chiefs.
- Responds to hazardous and contaminated spills of chemicals and waste products, completes spill reports and notifies all required offices and organizations of hazardous conditions in their vicinity.
- Serves as the facility point of contact for Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plans, and ensures required plans are complete and updated.
- Further ensures proper procedures are adhered to regarding the disposal of hazardous wastes that include the signing of hazardous waste manifests.
- Coordinates acquisition of supplies and materials needed for emergency responses to spill events affecting the facility.
- Performs other related duties as assign.
- BS/BE degree from an accredited college or university in environmental or related field.
- Proven knowledge of environmental protection, compliance and natural resource program management concepts, principles, practices, laws and regulations, which provide the capability to identify, evaluate, and control environmental hazards and regulatory compliance.
- Broad knowledge of such environmental laws and regulations as the RCRA, Toxic Substance Control Act as amended by the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and the Occupational Safety and Health Act, employed by the Environmental Scientist/Engineer to analyze the impact of the application of these laws and regulations on Department program operations, and to determine the measures necessary to improve regulatory compliance at the domestic facility.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing when preparing various administrative and technical reports, correspondence and program manuals for management and employees, as well as in communicating orally to individuals and groups in the course of conducting compliance audits, staff training sessions and presenting technical and administrative environmental protection data to management officials.
- Must be able to lift, carry and set up tools, equipment and parts that weigh up to and occasionally over fifty (50) pounds. Must be able to walk, stoop, bend, kneel, climb and work in uncomfortable positions.
- Must be able to recognize hazards such as extreme heat, steam and scalding water, electrical, fumes, gases and dust, and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.