Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Environmental Specialist
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Pay: $68,000.00 – $78,000.00
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of it’s wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Serves as primary Environmental Specialist to review and update environmental plans, applicable regulations, permits, sampling plans, compliance plans and other written submittals to the client and other governmental agencies in accordance with the PWS. The Environmental Specialist will have expertise with one or more of the following subject matters: air quality, drinking water, stormwater, wastewater, POL/AST’s and UST’s, HW/HM, pollution prevention, solid waste and toxic substances.
- Ensures all applicable plans and permits are current and up to date with Federal, State and local regulatory requirements. Additionally, will review Air Force Instructions (AFI’s) and other DoD requirements for specific plans, equipment and circumstances for compliance evaluations.
- Provides timely and high-quality deliverables to client. Deliverables for each specific medium are identified in the PWS.
- Conducts all required sampling and monitoring for their respective mediums, and files electronic versions of all test results in the organization’s designated file location.
- Conducts inspections of construction projects, work sites, and material storage sites to assess and ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
- Identifies requirements for infrastructure projects for upgrades or repairs necessary to satisfy any regulatory requirements pertaining to adequate capacity, maintenance, operations, and management of water and wastewater systems, and HW storage – repair/replacement of oil/water separators.
- Enters data into and utilizes client databases such as EESOH-MIS, APIMS, WET, MICT, eDASH etc.
- Serves as primary point of contact for regulatory agencies from the EPA and CDPHE. Maintains regulatory required certifications necessary for successful performance in their respective areas of expertise.
- Must have the ability to safely operate a company vehicle.
- Assists with other programs as needed and cross trains with other program areas.
- Must be willing to serve as the on-call specialist for Spill Response on a weekly rotation with other Environmental Specialists.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with the position’s requisite technical skills, program requirements, and the administrative requirements of the KIRA contract.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- The Environmental Specialist shall have at least 3-years’ experience in environmental compliance programs in a specific medium/area such as air quality, water quality, stormwater, hazardous waste, solid waste, toxics, fuels and storage tanks, and pollution prevention.
- Must have Colorado Department of Transportation Erosion Control Supervisor Certification, Certified Environmental Stormwater Compliance Professional (CESCP) or other equivalent inspector certification. Additionally, this position will require EPA stormwater inspector training and certification.
- Must have 3 years of experience with the following topics/subject matters: EPA Construction General Permits, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Best Management Practices, Notice of Intent, and Notice of Termination for construction projects.
- Must have experience with managing/handling/storage of hazardous waste, spill response and cleanup activities. Must have current 40-hour Hazwoper training.
- Must have experience with collecting environmental samples, identifying proper laboratory analyses, interpretation/evaluation of laboratory results and managing corrective actions to achieve regulatory compliance.
- Experience in either DoD, Government Service or Contract Support is desirable.
- Applicable certifications and knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations in their respective medium is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.