Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Engineer III (Electrical Project Engineer) – Facility Engineering
Job Location: NASA Goddard- Greenbelt, MD
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Scope of Work:
Versatile electrical engineer primarily engaged in design and analysis of PLC, SCADA, automation, thermal vacuum data collection, thermal control units, other electrical systems for facility and test systems at Goddard Space Flight Center. Plan and lead system installation and modification projects primarily related to electrical distribution or industrial control systems. Perform all functions while adhering to the NEC and GSFC requirements.
- Design and analyze electrical wiring, control circuits, receptacles, switches, conduit, motors, invertors, PLC, SCADA, motor starters, coils, thermal control units, data collection, and other electrical components in accordance with NFPA 70E safety codes.
- Serve as Project Engineer or Project Manager for select installation, upgrade, maintenance, and remediation projects. This includes project initiation, gathering requirements, planning, and estimating, execution, and closing. Provide technical expertise to other project engineers/managers as well.
- Create and interpret drawings, blueprints, and electrical schematics. Must have significant experience with 120v, 220v, and 480v single-phase and three-phase systems, circuits, and distribution in accordance with NFPA 70E safety codes.
- Read, write, and interpret drawings, blueprints and electrical schematics in order to perform system evaluation and cost estimates.
- Provide technical guidance for engineering technicians performing electrical tasks, including design, planning, material specifications, maintenance, and in-process guidance.
- Ability to work safely, follow directions and conduct quality and safety inspections. Must understand and follow posted work rules/procedures.
- May be cross-utilized and cross-trained to support all groups within functional support areas.
- May also perform other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by lead personnel or management.
- May also perform temporary duties in other areas or other duties associated within area of assignment.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. Other STEM degree may be considered depending on work experience.
- Education or years’ experience commensurate with skill level required for position as determined by management. At least 5 (five) years direct experience with NEC and NFPA safety codes.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the National Electrical Code and local electrical codes.
- Significant experience with PLC and SCADA, particularly upgrading systems.
- Significant experience in project estimation of electrical labor, materials and equipment required.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from Leads, engineering or management.
- Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of workflow.
- Must be self-motivated and a “Team Player” with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to organize time, assignments and properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing assigned training or other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS III management.
- Experience with AutoCAD software or similar
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Familiarity with thermal vacuum controls, with focus on PLC and SCADA.
- Experience with thermal vacuum operation, test, and maintenance with concentration on control systems, automation, and data collection.
- Experience working with variable frequency drives (VFD’s)
- Some experience with Oracle database data collection a plus
- Some experience with electro-magnetic interference (EMI) and/or compatibility (EMC) testing a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.