Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Emergency Management Technician
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non – Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the development, management, and execution of the installation’s Emergency Management program, ensuring effective prevention, protection, response, and recovery actions at the operational level to allow continued mission capability at the U.S. Air Force Academy.
- Assist in the execution of the US Air Force Academy (USAFA) Emergency Management program, ensuring effective prevention, protection, response, and recovery actions at the operational level to allow continued mission capability.
- Perform HAZMAT and/or CBRN responder duties including proper use of HAZMAT response equipment and PPE; identification of potentially hazardous, unknown substances in appropriate levels of PPE (i.e. level A, B, etc.); with working knowledge of HAZMAT, TIC/TIM, and CBRN detection and identification equipment. Maintain CBRN/HAZMAT responder and team support equipment.
- Manage, schedule, and conduct installation initial and recurring Emergency Management and Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN) related training for USAFA disaster response force, specialized teams, and installation personnel.
- Support EOC and CBRN Control Center operations. Provide emergency management and CBRN/HAZMAT subject-matter expertise and support to the EOC Director, EOC Manager, Incident Commander, and other emergency responders.
- Support Squadron Commander deployment readiness program as the Unit Deployment Manager including reporting status, coordinating requirements, organizing and supporting taskings, coordinating training, and ensuring personnel meet all deployment requirements.
- Coordinate the review and update of appropriate plans and procedures in accordance with installation Emergency Management policies and instructions and USAFA, Air Force, and DOD instructions.
- Perform risk, threat, and vulnerability assessments as required and provide written findings and recommendations on corrective actions to the Readiness and Emergency Management Manager.
- Perform on-call duties and be able to report to work, prepare equipment, and support EOC or IC operations on short notice, 24/7.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Preferably be a graduate of Air Force course J3ALP3E931-003 Readiness Apprentice (Air Force Emergency Management School) or approved equivalent by the authority having jurisdiction over these programs with experience as an AF 3E9X1 or equivalent.
- Certified HAZMAT Technician or able to obtain certification after hire.
- EM HAZMAT/CBRN responders are required to meet OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.120, Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response, specifically subsection 1910.120(q) – Emergency Response Program to Hazardous Substance Releases – Employer Requirements, and referenced guidance.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor or higher degree in the areas of Emergency Management (or equivalent) is highly desired.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability, and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.