Subsidiary: KIRA Services
Job Title: Electronic Technician Maintenance II
Job Location: Pacific Beach, WA
Labor Category: Non- Exempt -SCA
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Electronics Technician Maintenance II applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents. Examples of such problems include determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering; changes. Work typically requires an understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment. Work may be reviewed by supervisor for general compliance with accepted practices. This position may provide technical guidance to lower level technicians.
- Performs systems operations and maintenance. Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturer’s manuals or similar documents. As technician/operator, applies technical knowledge in troubleshooting, isolating malfunctions, repairing to the component level, and incorporating engineering changes. Work typically requires some understanding of the interrelationships of analog, digital, mechanical, and RF operating system diagnostics and circuits.
- Uses complex test instruments such as pulse generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and computer analytical equipment. Provides technical guidance to lower level technicians.
- Performs organizational and intermediate-level maintenance on assigned equipment. Performs system operation in support of the customer. Work may be reviewed by supervisor for compliance with accepted practices.
- Will be operationally qualified at designated tech level within 90 days of hiring or promotion. Works toward being cross-trained and qualified to operate additional EW systems.
- When performing work, responsible for adhering to environmental, safety, and health standards related to the activity, including the wearing of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must cease work and notify lead, supervisor, or manager of all unsafe conditions.
- Must successfully complete all assigned training and ensure its entry into their training jacket, to include but not limited to monthly NITE training assigned in SharePoint, government assigned training in TWMS, and all other non-recurring training as assigned.
- Will accurately document work performed in IEMS
- Maybe be required to travel up to 50% in performance of work, government Joint Travel Regulations are applicable to all travel. Work is schedule by the manager or supervisor based on mission schedule and fleet requirements. Mission support requires shifting of schedules to accommodate fleet readiness and to ensure crew rest.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Reports to: Pacific Beach Operations Manager
- High School diploma or equivalent. Formal classroom education equivalent to Navy “C” School or vocational school with formal training in the field of electronic equipment maintenance
- Minimum two years’ experience in the following areas:
- Digital/analog signal processing
- Synchro-servo circuits; Radar and radar theory
- Electromechanical devices
- Video signal processing and recording
- Communications (multiplexer equipment)
- Digital/analog computer systems
- DC power supplies
- Test Equipment
- Optical Equipment
- RF Signal processing
- Antenna Systems
- Low-voltage AC Equipment
- Primary and secondary power equipment
- Portable AC generators
- US Citizen
- Obtain and maintain the appropriate level of Clearance
- Two years’ operating experience with search, acquisition, ground control, height finding, or fire control radar systems, and familiarity with the proper tactical employment of the threats to which they are assigned.
- Possess a valid state Driver’s License.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in a shop and field environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; hot and cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.