Subsidiary: KIRA Government Services
Job Title: Electronic Technician I
Job Location: Wallops Island, VA
Labor Category: Non- Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Electronic Technician I will provide support to NASA’s sounding rocket experiments.
- Perform assignments involving a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project
- Responsible for fabrication and test of payload wire harnesses
- Fabricate wire harnesses for payload checkout, test cables for component, PC board and deck testing, launch support cables such as programming bus, blockhouse, and umbilical cables and flight harness and flight cables
- Solder and assemble circuit card assemblies
- Perform test point to point wiring
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Minimum 4 years of general experience with 2 years as a electronic technician, or a total of 6 years of general electronic experience.
- Associate Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent military/trade school training.
- Ability to communicate with technicians in electronic terms and to follow detailed wiring diagrams, wire lists, or verbal instruction.
- Shall be well versed in the use of schematics in everyday assignments—drafting, designing, constructing, and troubleshooting from these
- Ability to fabricate wiring harness, test, and launch support cables by crimping, wire wrapping, and soldering to connectors, terminals, and printed wiring boards and to ring out wiring point‐to‐point from detailed wiring diagrams
- Technical knowledge of electronic principles and the ability to use schematics in such areas as drafting, designing, equipment construction, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of airborne telemetry systems including wiring, installation of payload components, performance of initial payload checks, and ground station pre‐launch testing and launch support
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of electronic test equipment to support component / payload testing and checkout of prototype electronic
- Training or certification in the following may be required:
- Crane Operator Certification per NASA‐STD‐8719.9 w/Change 2 and NPR 8715.3C
- Crimp, Cable, and Harness Certification per NASA‐STD‐8739.4 w/Change 6
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- High Pressure Operations per GSFC/WFF 800‐PG‐8715.0.4A
- Mate / Demate per NASA‐STD‐8739.4 w/Change 6
- Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies per ANSI / J‐STD‐001F
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.