KIRA Training Services
Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a journeyman electrician at the Rock Island Arsenal property.
- Performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, inspection, calibration, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
- Install or repair any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance of the electrical system and associated components, e.g., transformers (oil and dry), capacitors, switchgear, breakers, relays, bus ducts, panelboards, power conditioners, emergency power supply units, motor control centers, emergency fixtures and Building Power Systems.
- Shall maintain all electrical equipment IAW, Electrical System Maintenance Procedures.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
- Locate and troubleshoot electrical system or equipment, working standard computations
- Use a variety of electrician's hand tools, power tools, measuring, and testing instruments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- 4 years of experience as a journeyman electrician.
- Must possess a journeyman license in the State of Illinois.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of electrical principles, codes, tools, equipment, and the composition, operation, and installation of a variety of electrical systems.
- Low voltage certification preferred
- Must possess the ability to plan, layout and coordinate work details and installations.
- Must possess the ability to use aerial bucket truck, man lifts, and climb ladders.
- May be required to handle or transport hazardous waste and chemicals.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.). Outside work in winter, summer, rain, sleet, and snow and on uneven terrain – side hills and slopes.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Duties will require frequent periods of bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, and reaching above shoulder level, and kneeling. Occasionally require periods of crawling and climbing.
- Must possess the ability to work in confined spaces such as manholes, steam tunnels and pump stations. Must be able to perform On-call duties when and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.