Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Licensed Journeyman Electrician
T&H Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Licensed Journeyman Electrician performs electrical installation, maintenance, and repair work.
- Installs, maintains and repairs electrical wiring systems, related switches, distribution panels and outlet boxes, as well as a wide variety of electrical fixtures.
- Inspects, maintains, cleans, repairs, tests, and adjusts a variety of electrical equipment, circuitry, and fixtures.
- Electrical equipment that shall require maintenance and repairs includes electrical buzzer and bell circuits, lighting circuits, light fixtures, air movement fans, switches, heating and air-conditioning equipment and machinery, fire alarm systems, master clocks, rheostats, thermostats, and electrical drills, grinders, and other related electrical shop equipment.
- Test circuits and equipment by use of voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter, and ohmmeter. Electrical circuits include voltage up to 600 volts, 3- phase current.
- Measures, cuts, threads, bends, assembles, and installs conduits, inserts, splicing and connecting wires to fixtures, outlets, switches, receptacles, and power source.
- Receives assignments verbally and by work order. Determines methods to accomplish assignments. Works are inspected for acceptability and compliance with accepted trade standards by the Project Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Must be knowledgeable of national and local electrical codes and have a valid Journeyman Electrical license issued by any municipality in Virginia.
- Must be able to use hand tools, power tools, and appliances needed for the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical circuits, related fixtures, and hardware.
- Must be able to follow maintenance instructions, schedules and inspection of work orders and maintain other job assignments.
- Must be able to perform maintenance services, diagnose systems or equipment malfunctions, and complete repairs when required.
- Must be knowledgeable in the compositions, operations, and installations of a variety of electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls.
- Must be able to plan, lay out, and complete the installation, modification and repair of various electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls.
- Must be able to interpret and apply building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and engineering drawings.
- Must be skilled in the use of a wide variety of test equipment, such as voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter, and ohmmeter.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb and work in uncomfortable positions. Additionally, the incumbent must be able to lift, carry, and set up tools, equipment and parts that weigh up to and occasionally over 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work inside and outside.
- Must be able to recognize electrical and other occupational hazards and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
T&H Services offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid short term disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life, long term disability and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.