Subsidiary: T&H Solutions
Job Title: Data Center Engineer (SME-Senior-Secret)
Job Location: Joint Base Andrews, MD
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
T&H Solutions has a position opening for a Data Center Engineer to provide technical leadership and support in the areas of IT planning, solution specification/design, implementation and target architecture development for the AFNCR Consolidated Communication Center (CCC). The Data Center Engineer will support the 844th Communications Group at Joint Base Andrews (JBA). This role includes supporting the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW) and Headquarters Air Force (HAF) customers on both NIPRNet and SIPRNet domains for the development of the CCC building. The qualified candidate will have knowledge of information technology commercial solutions and experience designing and developing technical solutions. The preferred candidate will have excellent communications skills, a strong customer service orientation and experience serving as an advisor to Chief Architect and other Government/Contractor staff and managers.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and managing the technical aspects in projects related to the CCC datacenter. As well, identify and manage dependencies between these projects and with other ongoing activities.
- Lead and assist with all design aspects of the CCC data center support systems, to include AC/DC power, UPS, HVAC, carrier infrastructures, internal/external cable plant, and overall data center layout.
- Communicate conceptual designs and create/maintain project documentation before, during, and after construction.
- Create and review civil/structural/architectural design RFPs.
- Assist with managing consultants/contractors through the design and construction process.
- Effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners
- Think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
- Conduct site assessments, internal design meetings, construction reviews.
- Assess client’s current IT and facility infrastructure.
- Lead and assist with data center migration planning
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years in Civil Engineering or the equivalent relevant experience in datacenter or mission critical facilities design.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standards
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, partnerships and external networks
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and work effectively in a collaborative team environment while keeping the team informed.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Visio or AutoCAD.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.