Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: Custodian
Job Location: Blackstone, VA
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Custodian is responsible for keeping offices, buildings, washrooms, and facilities in clean and orderly condition.
- Perform periodic cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass and removing rubbish.
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gathers and empties trash to include trashcans in the proximity of exterior main entrances.
- Services, supplies and cleans restrooms.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and drinking fountain fixtures.
- Dusting of office furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
- Cleans lavatories, showers, and restrooms.
- Mixes water and detergents in containers according to product specifications to prevent damage to floors, fixtures or furniture.
- Drives vehicle for travel across facility to various buildings.
- May have to move equipment and supplies either manually or by using a hand truck.
- Informs lead and/or manager of need of any major equipment for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Other janitorial/cleaning duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and bend down or stoop frequently
- Must have ability to maintain assigned work hours
- Must have endurance to perform repetitive tasks over long periods of time
- Related custodial experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.