Job Title: Corporate Safety Manager
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO, Fairfax, VA, Fort Worth, Texas, or remote
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 30% of the time
Reports to: Director, Ethics and Compliance
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
As part of the THTBC/KIRA Compliance Team, the Corporate EHS Manager is responsible for partnering with site level operations teams to execute corporate health and safety policies and ensure compliance with all applicable safety and environmental regulations. This individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce risk in company processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for THTBC/KIRA employees. The Corporate EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the operations teams and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
- Standardize environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs across all programs and sites using THTBC/KIRA’s established policies and procedures.
- Train operations leaders and site safety professionals in company health and safety policies.
- Assist and give direction to teams in incorporating appropriate EHS standards at their site.
- Identify best practices and incorporate them into company standards to continuously improve company policies.
- Update policies and procedures as needed.
- Communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Audit site EHS performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations, THTBC/KIRA practices, and EHS standards and regulations, and identify a plan to address deficiencies.
- Analyze safety metrics. Review incidents weekly and monthly to discover trends and propose action plans.
- Engage site Project Managers and Safety Managers to drive actions to achieve incident reduction.
- Oversee and manage all OSHA and incident reporting.
- Compiles and works with Compliance to analyze incident data to identify root causes and trends that can adversely impact workers compensation costs; and assists with formulating Corrective Action Plans in conjunction with appropriate management to help reduce incident rates and lower insurance related costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations. Government contracting a plus.
- Ability to make independent, fact-based decisions in a quick and responsive manner with little to no supervision. Proven knowledge in all aspects of safety, environmental and ergonomics.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to send clear, concise and consistent messages both verbally and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook 365, SharePoint, and Maximo is required.
- BS/BA in Safety, Environmental, Occupational Safety and Health or a related field preferred.
- Experience in ISO certification and training.
- TQM and/or Lean, Six Sigma experience.
- OSHA 500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry.
- OSHA 501 Trainer Course Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.