Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
Engineering Technician V (Communications)
Navy Dare Bombing Range, Stumpy Point, NC
Non-Exempt l CBA
Up to 25%
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
- Maintain all Systems, Communications equipment, and all associated components.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance on all Systems and Communication equipment.
- Perform complex troubleshooting, isolate malfunctions, repair equipment to the component level, and incorporate engineering changes.
- Work requires detailed understanding of the interrelationships of RF operating system diagnostics and circuits.
- Exercise independent judgment on tasks such as making circuit and waveform analyses, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
- Use complex test instruments, such as pulse generators, spectrum analyzers, distortion analyzers, site masters and computer analytical equipment.
- Accurately document maintenance actions in IEMS.
- Write and review Work Instructions and procedures for all Systems and Communication equipment.
- Work may be reviewed by Quality Assurance for compliance with accepted practices.
- Provide technical guidance and on-the-job training to lower-level technicians.
- Ensure all personnel are assigned to tasks for which they are qualified.
- Identify training requirements and monitor training accomplishment.
- Interface with other technicians to ensure coordination of requirements, services and tasking.
- Support special tests, evaluations, equipment relocations, and new equipment installations as required including all communication systems.
- Coordinate integration efforts with associate contractors.
- Perform organizational, intermediate, and depot-level maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Assist other range technicians as required.
- Perform corrosion control on all towers and all other communications equipment as required.
- Meet the DOD 8570 certifications and requirements for IAT Level 1.
- Ensure all configuration changes pursuant to the duties of this position are documented and approved IAW established processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Responsible for adhering to environmental, safety, and health standards related to the work activity, including the wearing of all personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must cease work and notify lead, supervisor, or manager of all unsafe conditions.
- Accurately document work performed in the IEMS
- Will be operationally qualified at designated tech level within 6 months of hiring or promotion.
- Any other duties assigned the Operations Supervisor or the Contract Site Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Formal classroom education equivalent to Navy “C” school or Vocational school and or formal training in the field of electronic equipment maintenance and equipment manufacturer training.
- Five years’ technical experience working with tactical training range systems (or equivalent military experience)
- Training in tactical data information links and fundamentals
- Six years’ electronic experience in the following areas:
- Digital/analog signal processing;
- Electromechanical devices;
- Communications (multiplexer equipment, VHF, UHF, CB, microwave, fiber-optic);
- Digital/analog computer systems;
- DC power supplies;
- Test equipment;
- Optical equipment;
- RF signal processing;
- Low voltage AC equipment;
- Primary and secondary power equipment;
- Auto-transfer (UPS) equipment;
- Portable AC generators
- One to Two years’ experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis during work shift
- Must maintain valid state Driver’s license
- Must maintain Network+ certification
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid certification (Provided by employer).
- Must maintain current Safety at Heights climber certification.
- Must maintain current RF Radiation Awareness certification (Provided by employer).
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.